CAGW is currently seeking a talented and experienced Major Gifts Officer.
Job Summary: The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for building relationships with existing donors and prospective donors in order to generate major gifts for CAGW.
- Oversee a portfolio of approximately 100-125 major donors nationwide, including meetings, cultivation, and stewardship, to generate at least $200,000 in major gifts for CAGW.
- Manage relationships with existing and prospective donors in all aspects of the giving cycle including: identifying, qualifying, and initiating contact; developing appropriate cultivation strategies; moving potential donors toward solicitation and closure; making solicitations; and maintaining stewardship contacts.
- Work with the vice president and other members of the development team to create cultivation and solicitation strategies and to craft a compelling case for support, including clear articulation of CAGW’s historical and future impact.
- Identify donors and prospects who merit visits with the vice president and president.
- Engage in planned giving conversations with donors when appropriate.
- Provide relevant tracking and reporting of progress and results to vice president.
- Produce fundraising materials as needed, including letters, e-mails, proposals, and reports.
Experience: 5 years of successful fundraising experience
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Successful experience with face-to-face asks
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Interest in/knowledge of public policy, with particular emphasis on fiscal policy issues
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to travel at least 70 percent of the time
- Experience in using donor databases
For internship information, please visit CAGW's intern page.